The Benefits and Side Effects of DMAE
DMAE has many incomparable benefits and can be used in treating several health problems, including Alzheimer’s disease. It is an acronym for Dimethylaminoethanol and primarily a cholinergic molecule lacking one molecule of methyl group. This lack differentiates its chemical structure from Choline. DMAE benefits for brain are well documented and some of them will be discussed here. You will also learn about its side effects and other important points to note before using the product.
Its effect on the elderly
DMAE is highly effective on the elderly. For one, it has anti-aging properties that removes the telltale signs of aging. Using the product according to the recommended dose can take off more than ten years or more from your age. What is more, you will never record any of the documented DMAE side effects when you use this product.
Alzheimer’s disease is a popular health problem of the elderly; it can be treated successfully using DMAE. It is so effective to the extent that the product can replace Choline Bitartrate, which is the product usually used in treating Alzheimer’s diseases.
How does it work?
The function of DMAE is to increase the amount of acetylcholine neurotransmitter in the brain. It performs this function better than other products that have been used for the same purpose over the years, which makes it a revolutionary product for treating Alzheimer’s and other disease of the elderly.
Useful for all
This mechanism of action makes the product not only useful to the elderly, but also effective on the younger generation. For example, the product can improve brain function and help you to perform better at your academics. If you are a student looking for a way to boost your grades, you will find DMAE to be useful. Some other DMAE benefits for brain and other parts of the body are highlighted below:
- It improves concentration and focus
- It improves mental acuity
- It works on the memory and helps you to remember things for longer
- It has antioxidative effect, which makes it reliable for preventing the effects of free radicals. As a result, it can prevent internal organs from damage. This antioxidant effect is also one of the factors responsible for its anti-aging properties.
DMAE side effects are rare. In fact, you may not record any side effect while using it if you use only the recommended dose. The side effects are highlighted below:
- It can worsen conditions like bipolar disorder, depression or other seizure-related problems
- It should be avoided by pregnant or breastfeeding mothers since only little has been discovered about its effects on pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers